Sunday, April 10, 2011

Reality whore I

So...I just watched the last 10 minutes of "the Dance Scene" and I'm annoyed. The white girl, Kherington, is crying about the verbal reprimand Laurianne is giving her and I'm like GOOD!!!

I'm not a racist,but what I am also not is empathetic to MOST white Americans. It reminded me when she cried "she doesn't know where I've been.." and xyz. Who cares! I sure don't. This is where my title "Discounted Heroine" derives. I recall when I have been in different encounters as a black women where white women were the judge and jury of my life struggle and they held the key at that time to my future. I got teamed for stringing my violin. Even though that was what they requested. And their response was? "Who cares!". American whites feel Blacks here have been given so much by White America that if we aren't done complaining by now, we should be crucified - literally. I can stand on this soapbox and go on, but I'll save it for next time. Back to "reality".

No comments:

Post a Comment